The talent acquisition process is an integral part of any company, and it’s the job of the HR department to make sure that everything is running smoothly. Unfortunately, when a company has a broken talent acquisition process, it loses money. This blog post shares three steps you can take to fix your damaged and complex talent acquisition process!
Take action immediately
Talent acquisition is one of the most complex areas in HR. And while many tools help simplify talent management, the process can often be slow-paced and inefficient.
If you identify any issue, you should act immediately. It’s a good idea to get in touch with the leadership team and update them about what you’ve found. You should also know the existing system inside out: evaluating how the current process could impact the organization.
Focus on the basics
A broken and complex talent acquisition process will never be successful. However, here are a few basic steps you can take:
- Review your sourcing processes to see where you can make it more streamlined and efficient and see if any tools would help with the process.
- Establish benchmarks for hiring managers to know how long a given step in the process will take. This way, they’ll be able to plan their time and resources better.
- Review your internal data to see any patterns that you can identify, such as which recruiter has the most success sourcing from particular sources or what types of candidates tend to be sourced more often than others. It will help with better targeting in the future for higher-quality hires.
- Using a tool like a CRM or applicant tracking system to keep track of all your sourcing efforts can help you identify where candidates come from, what type of candidate they are and how long it took for them to be sourced.
- Analyze your data regularly to know if changes need to be made to reduce the time spent on each candidate or if the data shows that you are sourcing too narrowly.
Rebuild the process
Once you know what you can do, you can fix it. But, first, make sure the new system:
- Creates Clarity and conciseness
- Follows the company’s overall culture
- Takes into account all levels in an organization and their respective needs
- Includes both people who can do a job, as well as those with experience, to provide mentorship or training once they’re onboarded
- Allows an organization to measure and track progress
- Creates a culture of self-sufficiency, instead of dependency on the HR team or managers for every hire decision
The best way to fix a broken talent process is by understanding why it broke in the first place. It’s important to know how you got there, where your organization wants to go, and what you want it to be. HireBeat can help you streamline your talent acquisition process by providing ats tool that simplifies your talent recruiting and assessment.
To know more about us, please visit https://hirebeat.co/.